Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blueberry Streusel Muffins






Its raining today and my kids were bored. So to liven up the atmosphere, I decided to charge them up and do some baking with them. I had this huge box of blueberries lying in the fridge so decided to make blueberry  streusel muffins.

Here's the recipe
Makes 24 small muffin bites

Preheat oven to 350 deg F

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup butter softened
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups fresh blueberries

Method:

Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Stir. Add in the butter and mix it well. Remove almost 3/4 of this mixture and keep aside. To the 1/4 mixture, add cinnamon powder and mix. Leave it aside.
Combine milk, eggs and vanilla essence and add to the 3/4 mixture. Stir until its smooth. Now add in the blueberries very gently and mix.
Spoon in this batter onto your muffin moulds. Sprinkle the cinnamon powder mix.
Bake for 30 mins.

Voila you are done. Cool on rack.
Its ready to be eaten!


6 comments:

Pamela Bates said... Best Blogger Tips

you are taunting me. blueberry is my favorite muffin.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh. YUM! I have about 6 more pounds of blueberries to use from our trip to the blueberry farm and I will be making this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing...my mouth is watering just looking at those photos! :)

Style-Delights said... Best Blogger Tips

My lil one would love them..Will try this recipe soon..Thanks for sharing! Enjoy! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
-Jyoti
Style-Delights Blog
Style-Delights on Bloglovin

Traci said... Best Blogger Tips

YUM!!! seriously!

Emma said... Best Blogger Tips

Those muffins look and sound amazing!

Pamela Bates said... Best Blogger Tips

reshma,


just letting you know I featured your this post on Mercantile Muse today.

enjoy, Pam

http://batesmercantileco.blogspot.com/2012/07/things-i-found-and-overheard-at-party.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...